One of the most critical times in the life of the church is when there is a change in leadership. Check out these resources for each group involved in the transition.
Resources for the Church:
- The Church During the Search: Honoring Christ While You Wait For Your Next Pastor (book)
- Why I Wrote a Book for the Church During the Search
- When a Pastor Resigns: 5 Common Ways Church Members Respond
- 5 Phases of a Pastor Search
- 6 Commitments Every Church Member Should Make When There’s No Pastor
- 7 Ways to Make Your Pastor Search Committee’s Job Easier
- 5 Books to Read When Searching for a Pastor
- 4 Ways to Pray During a Pastor Search
- How to Fill the Pulpit During Your Interim Without Splitting Your Church
- What Expectations Should Our Church Have for Our Interim Pastor?
- Should Pastoral Staff Members Serve on the Pastor Search Committee?
- The Small Church Pastor Search
- 7 Ways to Help Your New Pastor’s Family Transition to Your Community
Resources for the Pastor Search Committee:
- Pastor Search Survey Results
- How to Form a Pastor Search Committee
- Top 5 Traits of Effective Pastor Search Committees
- Avoid These 7 Individuals When Forming Your Pastor Search Committee
- 5 Tips When Listing an Open Pastor Position
- 5 Rules of Communication for Pastor Search Committees
- Should our Pastor Search Committee Use a Congregational Survey?
- Look Out for These Red Flags When Searching for a New Pastor
- The Pastor Search Pendulum Swing
- How to Ask Better Questions When Interviewing Pastor Candidates
- 15 Questions Every Pastor Search Committee Should Ask During the Initial Interview
- 9 Tips for Announcing Your Pastor Search Team’s Recommendation
- Don’t Make This Mistake if You Serve on a Pastor Search Committee
- When the Pastor Search Committee Feels Stuck
Resources for Ministers:
- 5 Steps to Take When Considering if God is Calling You to a New Ministry Assignment
- Watch Out for These Red Flags When Talking with a Pastor Search Committee
- Ask For These Documents When Interviewing with a Pastor Search Team
- How to Leave Well From Your Current Ministry Position
Resources for Interim Pastors:
- Should Our Interim Pastor Become a Candidate for our Vacant Pastor Position?
- The Overlooked Ministry of the Interim Pastor