Thanks for stopping by! This site is meant to equip and encourage those who serve the local church. If that describes you, I hope you’ll find the content here to be helpful. Whether you’re the pastor behind the pulpit or a volunteer in the nursery, I want to provide practical resources to assist you and your church or ministry as you serve the Lord.
I have served in a variety of ministry roles within the church. Some of those roles were in a volunteer capacity; some were as a vocational minister and denominational representative. Currently, I serve as the East Regional Consultant for the Kentucky Baptist Convention, a network of 2,350 churches partnering together to reach Kentucky and the world for Christ. In all, I have been serving in some type of ministry role for nearly two decades.
I have been blogging since 2015, but really began to post regularly in 2020. Since that time, the readership of this website has grown to over 5,000 readers per month. I hope you will find my posts unique and helpful. Here are my Top 10 Most Read Posts of All-Time. As you can see, there’s something for everyone!
- 7 Bible Verses to Read Whenever You Face Temptation
- 5 Bible Verses to Read When Life Doesn’t Make Sense
- 30 Outreach Ideas for Your Church During the Coronavirus Pandemic
- As Far as the East is From the West: A New Study on Lostness in Kentucky
- 7 Bible Verses to Read When You’re Angry
- Read This Before You Put Away Your Christmas Decorations
- Look Out for These Red Flags When Searching for a New Pastor
- 4 Ways to Pray During a Pastor Search
- When the Church is Silent During Pastor Appreciation Month
- 7 Characteristics of Effective Ministry Partnerships
In addition to blogging, I published my first book, The Church During the Search: Honoring Christ While You Wait For Your Next Pastor in 2021. If your church is searching for a pastor or you know of another church currently in the search, you may want to check it out.
I was born and raised in Pikeville, KY, a small town in the Appalachian Mountains of southeastern Kentucky. I earned a Bachelor of Science in Statistics from Eastern Kentucky University in Richmond, KY in 2001. After working as a data analyst for several years and serving in my local church, God called me to vocational ministry. In 2011, I earned a Master of Divinity from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, KY. I have been happily married to my wife, Brandi, since 2002. We have two sons: Isaiah and Noah. In my free time, I enjoy writing, reading, landscaping, and checking off items on my baseball bucket list!
I am honored you stopped by this site and I hope you’ll subscribe and return often!
I’d love to hear from you! Fill out the form below to send me a message.